Never worry about images processing slowing your website again
Images are one of the most important parts of the function of your application. Website speed is critical, especially for optimizing the experience for your mobile users.
WebP formats allow for you to create smaller and richer images without the risk of lossy compression for images in your app.
auto_image task, the same image can be delivered as a WebP format which allows for even further compression without visible loss of quality.
What does Filestack’s image format converter provide?
- You’ll have better control of what image formats you want in your application
- You’ll be able to automatically convert images to these next-gen formats:
- WebP - Developed by Google in 2010, the WebP format is capable of superb lossless and lossy compression, greatly reducing image size. It supports transparency and image animation. WebP is supported by most browsers, including Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox, making it a strong candidate for being the next image compression standard.
- JPEG XR - Introduced by Microsoft in 2009, JPEG XR is a highly compressible, resource-efficient image format. It supports transparency and both lossless and lossy compression. JPEG XR leaves a small footprint on memory. It is currently supported only by the Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer browsers.
- You’ll make your images load faster while preserving quality with WebP lossless compression, leading to a pristine image experience for your users.
- You can chain Filestack’s auto_image task with other tasks using Workflows.
← Try converting your JPEG and PNG images to
Use the File Picker to upload a JPEG or PNG image and watch Filestack convert it to WebP format in seconds.
Filestack maintains dozens of integrations with popular services, requiring no integration work on your part.
File has been converted to
Enter your email and we will deliver the result right to your email inbox.
Auto image is a free Filestack feature. Sign up for free now and convert as many images as you can!
Way more than a file uploader widget: a reliable file processing system.
What Filestack Can Provide For You
Group images into a collage
A photo collage allows you to convey a compelling story without jeopardizing viewer interest. Photo collages are a great way to boost social engagement and interest in your business.
Filestack acts as a browser client that renders the contents of a web page and then captures that page content as an image. This powerful feature allows you to easily incorporate screen captures of other websites into your own web pages.
PDF file processing
Use Filestack to automatically merge files to create a separate PDF file, convert your PDF to a new specific orientation or page format, convert it to a black and white version, or display information about that PDF document.
Filestack’s Document Detection feature is a comprehensive tool that allows you to easily detect documents in your photos and automatically process them to accurately extract text from each document for later use in your application.
Virus scan & Malware Detection
Scan every file upon upload for viruses and malicious programs no matter what their file type. Filestack’s virus detection capabilities support scanning every file from images and video files to PDF documents for a secure document upload every time.
Generate a QR code
Easily generate a QR code that will speedily direct traffic to your destination URL with the help of Filestack.
Let's Get Started.
Talk to us about how simple it can be to instantly and automatically transform any file or image.Let's Do This!
Just One Integration, One Time...
Filestack connects you with a multitude of services with one simple integration. You will never have to worry about updating API integrations again. Uploading files is our raison d’etre. We continually update our API and will never depreciate our API or force unwarranted changes on you.
- Libraries & SDKs
- No maintenance required
- Once you integrate, you’re done. Never worry about changing APIs disrupting your file workflow again.
- Dev-to-dev support
- Your files are always our #1 concern. We are always here to help you get up and running and assure the best performance.