Check back for constant updates on Filestack products.
October 06, 2017
- V3 Filepicker BugFix: Callback bug was noted and resolved in relation to the uploadInBackground parameter.
October 05, 2017
- V3 Filepicker Feature: New function client.makeDropPane added.
- V3 Filepicker Feature: cropFiles parameter added to enable the Crop UI with existing file handles.
October 03, 2017
- V3 Filepicker Feature: Image search updated to optimize Google search results.
September 26, 2017
- V3 Filepicker Feature: Logout method exposed to clear cloud sessions.
- V3 Filepicker Feature: Upload request timeout default set to 60 seconds.
- V3 Filepicker Feature: allowManualRetry option added to the picker.
September 18, 2017
- V3 Filepicker Feature: One Drive For Business added as a source
September 07, 2017
- V3 Filepicker Feature: uploadConfig option added for local file uploads
August 30, 2017
- V3 Filepicker Feature: disableStorageKey added to remove prefix from filenames when stored to customer’s S3.
August 24, 2017
- V3 Filepicker BugFix: Safari cookie issue resolved.
- V3 Filepicker Feature: onOpen and onUpload callbacks added.
August 23, 2017
- V3 Filepicker Feature: Filestack Intelligent Ingestion made available to picker.
August 04, 2017
- V3 Filepicker BugFix CSS bug in iOS 8 fixed.
- V3 Filepicker Feature: Audio and Video added as sources.
July 26, 2017
- Ruby on Rails Plugin update: Now integrates V3 filepicker.
- JS Client: Base64 encoded string accepted in upload.
- V3 Filepicker Deprecation: Deprecated maxDimensions, minDimensions, and filters.
- V3 Filepicker Feature: Added imageMax, imageMin, imageDim, rejectOnCancel and ability to force crop all images.
- V3 Filepicker Enhancement: Moved all image transformations client side.
- V3 Filepicker Feature: Uploads are canceled when the user closes the modal.
- V3 Filepicker Feature: Hebrew added to supported languages.
June 21, 2017
- V3 Picker – Feature: Option to remove “Powered by Filestack” branding via white labeling.
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: Cloud folder UX and interface have been overhauled.
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: On FREE accounts, when limits are hit you are greeted with a new “Blocked Application” notification.
- Filestack API – Enhancement: Abort multi-part uploads if ETag header does not exist on first chunk response.
- V3 Picker – Feature: New sources now available — `url` and `customsource`.
- V3 Picker – Feature: Added new option `disableThumbnails` to remove local file thumbnails for performance improvement.
- Filestack API – Enhancement: Fixed memory leak in multi-part uploader.
- V3 Picker – Breaking Change: Parameter name change: `fsp-button-auth` is now `fsp-button—auth`.
- V3 Picker – Breaking Change: Polyfills have been removed from the distributable. Please see the readme section [Promises]
May 10, 2017
- V3 Picker – New Feature: Webcam added as a source in the picker. Users can now use their webcams to capture images and upload them directly through the picker.
- V3 Picker – New Feature: onClose callback added to picker.
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: originalPath field added to successful upload response metadata. This will tell you where in the local file system or cloud drive a file was selected from.
- V3 Upload API – Enhancement: Performance improvements made to multi-part uploads.
April 20, 2017
- Filestack API – Enhancement: Improved support for altering the filename of files being uploaded from local and cloud sources.
April 17, 2017
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: Added Japanese translation to picker.
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: Updated workflow for single file uploads. When the picker is set to only upload one file at a time, users will be brought to the image cropping interface and presented with an upload button as soon as a file is selected.
- V3 Picker – Enhancement Transformation options and interface updated to provide better user experience.
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: Improved support for Internet Explorer 11.
April 10, 2017
- Developer Portal – Update: Added support and checks for Dropbox API v2 Applications.
March 25, 2017
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: Added Dutch translation to picker.
March 22, 2017
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: Added S3 key and container to successful upload response metadata.
- V3 Picker – New Feature: Added international language support with translations for Spanish, French, Italian, German, Chinese and more.
- V3 Picker -New Feature: Added support for dragging images from within the browser directly into the drag and drop pane of the picker.
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: Improved support for dragging and dropping entire folders into the picker in Chrome and Firefox.
March 12, 2017
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: Add upload size and size progress to local files on selected file summary screen.
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: Added behavior to show summary screen automatically when maxFiles is reached and pluralized maxFiles notification text.
March 08, 2017
- Developer Portal – Update: New v3 Sample Pick code added to Getting Started Modal.
- Developer Portal – Update: Assetts section updated to use Filestack CDN links.
March 02, 2017
- V3 Picker – Enhancement: Added back arrow when inside folders.
March 01, 2017
- New API – Uploads 2.0: Filestack has created a brand new API for performing fast, resumable, multi-part uploads directly to S3. The new API also supports multi-region accelerated uploads (as a premium feature).
- Content Analysis – New Feature: Image tagging and explicit content detection API launched. Use Google Vision to analyze your Filestack images.
February 17, 2017
- New Feature – Enhancement: Added HTTP/2 support on all Filestack CDN domains
February 10, 2017
- Image transformations – new feature: Image Quality transformation. Set the quality of your JPG images without the danger of possibly generating a larger file.
February 09, 2017
January 25, 2017
- Filestack Storage – update: Added support for public access flag to GCS storage.
- Filestack Storage – update: Added support for new v4 signature only S3 regions including Mumbai, Canada (Central), and US East (Ohio).
January 11, 2017
- Developer Portal – Update: Merged Filepicker and Filestack Developer Portals. All API keys will now be displayed in one place in the developer portal, and all features of the Filepicker developer portal are displayed in the portal.
January 05, 2017
- Documentation Update: Added documentation for legacy Picker libraries
December 05, 2016
- Filestack Storage – update: Improved read and write speed when using Azure as a storage option.
November 30, 2016
- Filestack – new feature: We have begun sending automated usage notification emails that are sent out to paying and non-paying customers.
November 25, 2016
- Filestack Plugin – update: Updated JIRA and Confluence plugins to use new Filestack library and improve compatibility with newer Confluence and JIRA versions.
November 18, 2016
- Filestack Infrastructure – update: Optimized infrastructure configuration to improve overall Filestack performance.
October 20, 2016
- Management API – new API: Programmatically manage your Filestack account! Add new API keys, configure storage, and purge files from the CDN. Contact us to gain access to this functionality.
October 10, 2016
- Video Transcoding – new feature: HLS codec support. Convert your videos to work with the popular HLS streaming protocol.
September 28, 2016
- Image transformations – new feature: Added standalone task specifically for compression that uses mozjpeg for optimizing jpg and png images. Read More
September 23, 2016
- Image transformations – new feature: Added Zip task for generating zip archives from one or more files using the processing engine. Read More
September 20, 2016
August 19, 2016
- Image transformations – new feature: Added density parameter for adobe image formats to output processing engine task. Increase the quality / size of vector images in the EPS or AI format when being converted to another image type.
August 11, 2016
- Image transformations – enhancement: Improved compatibility for converting files from external sources. If source is inaccessible using one acquisition method, we will try another.
August 04, 2016
- REST API – enhancement: Added ETag and Last-Modified headers to download responses. Files will retain headers set further up the chain, by S3 for instance.
- REST API – new feature: Implement base64encode parameter for downloads. Allow users to specify that a file should be encoded / delivered as a base64 object.
July 27, 2016
July 19, 2016
- Image transformations – new feature: Added autorotate parameter to collage processing engine task. Allows user to specify that all files to be included in a collage should first be rotated in a specific manner.
- Document transformations – enhancement: Improved support for foreign language characters in document conversions and viewer. Better support for Japanese, Chinese and other pictographic alphabets.
July 07, 2016
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Increased number of evernote files to display at once in picker. Display more of your user’s evernote notes in the picker at one time for them to select.
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Converted Picasa to Google Photos in picker. Including the PICASA service in the picker has always provided the ability to select photos from your google photos account, but now it is labeled as such.
June 13, 2016
- Image transformations – enhancement: Added support for processing URLs without API keys. The processing engine originally required an API key for all functions. Now an API key is only required if you are transforming an external url. Read More
- Image transformations – enhancement: Added ability to use transparent and semi-transparent borders in collage. The collage task in the processing engine now supports non-solid colors to be used for the border between images.
June 08, 2016
- Developer portal – new feature: Added ability to Login via Github, Google, or Slack. Access your account with one click by authenticating through one of these services.
- Developer portal – new feature: Added ability to register using Github, Google, or Slack credentials. Create a new Filestack account with one click by authenticating through google or another service.
- Image transformations – new feature: Added upscale processing engine task to image transformations. Double the resolution of your images using a machine learning algorithm that reduces the amount of noise and jagged edges created by traditional upscaling. Read More
- Image transformations – new feature: Added enhance processing engine task to image transformations. The enhance task analyzes your image and then corrects contrast, color, sharpness and other settings to improve the quality of your image auto-magically. Read More
- Image transformations – new feature: Added red eye removal processing engine task to image transformations. Remove those glowing red eyes from your photos automatically. Read More
May 24, 2016
- Image transformations – enhancement: Added support for EPS files created by newer versions of Adobe Illustrator. Added support for AI files generated by a wider range of Adobe Illustrator versions including CC.
May 19, 2016
- Image transformations – enhancement: Improved PDF to image conversions. Added support for more PDF file versions and improved output quality.
- REST API – enhancement: Added X-Fastly-Size header to file responses. Pass more header information with files that is sometimes required by applications and systems.
May 12, 2016
- Image transformations – enhancement: Added ImageMagick policies to improve security. Adding additional security measures to ensure our ImageMagick is not susceptible to exploits.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Launched brand new white labeling / CNAME solution backed by Fastly CDN with access to all Filestack features
May 06, 2016
- Image transformations – enhancement: Added process to check every file before passing it to ImageMagick to improve security. Added this check in order to prevent susceptibility to the ImageTragick exploit.
- iOS SDK – new Library: Launched new Filestack iOS SDK, FSpicker, and Demo app. All were totally redesigned from the ground up and are open source. Read More
April 28, 2016
April 20, 2016
- Image transformations – new feature: Added no_metadata EXIF stripping function in processing engine. This alternative method for stripping metadata from an image is not part of the output task. It will remove any metadata embedded in an image and is its own function.
- Filestack Integration – new plugin: New re-designed Filestack Salesforce plugin released. The second iteration of our Salesforce integration, it solves the problems of the original while adding new functionality such as Filestack CDN support. Read More
April 14, 2016
- Document transformations – new feature: Added pageorientation and pageformat parameters to output processing engine task. These parameters are useful when converting office documents to image formats like PNG so that all the information from the document can fit inside the image. Read More
- Image transformation – new feature: Added html and txt to image conversions in output processing engine task. Users can now capture the content of an html file or text document as an image. Useful for showing previews of the contents of txt documents on your site.
April 07, 2016
- Image transformations – new feature: Added delay parameter to URL Screenshot processing engine task. Sometimes it can take a while for a page to fully render, so this parameter allows you to make sure you can capture the whole page once it has fully loaded. Read More
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Altered picker behavior to favor extensions over mimetypes. Reduce errors and improve compatability by making extensions the primary validation point when a user sets filetype restrictions.
April 04, 2016
- Picker dialog – enhancement: EXIF data is now maintained when original image is altered using the cropping tool inside the picker. Previously when an image was processed using the cropUI, all EXIF data was lost as a brand new image was generated. We now capture that data and append it to the newly generated image.
March 23, 2016
- Developer portal – new feature: Added new analytics charts and graphs to developer portal. See more detailed usage information inyour developer portal.
March 15, 2016
- Picker Dialog – enhancement: Added support for keynote files. Certain keynote file versions were previously rejected by the picker when the keynote extension or mimetype was used. This update adds support for more keynote files.
- Image transformation – new feature: Added store task to processing engine. Use the processing engine REST API to store the result of an image or document transformation, or even make an exact copy of the file attached to an external url (if you don’t provide any transformation parameters). Read More
March 02, 2016
- Image transformations – new feature: Added input setting to quality parameter of output image transformation task. Keep the compression and image quality of the image the same as the source file. Read More
February 25, 2016
- Viewer – new feature: Allow security policies and signatures to be used for Filestack Viewer. If you have security enabled on your account, you can now use the Filestack viewer with your Filestack urls.
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Added Vietnamese translation. If you are looking for a specific translation we don’t have and would like to help us create one, let us know. Read More
- Image transformations – new feature: Added blackwhite image transformation task. Reduce your image to only black and white. This is different than greyscale or just removing the saturation from an image. Read More
- Image transformations – new feature: Added vignette image transformation task. Add a blurred circular frame to your images. Read More
- Image transformations – new feature: Added negative image transformation task. Apply a negative filter to your images. Read More
- Image transformations – new feature: Added background parameter to ouput image transformation task. If your source image is a PNG with a transparent background, you can now change the color of the background to be any solid color using the processing engine. Read More
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Added new styling for Filestack widget button. The picker button has a new colorscheme and look to match our Filestack branding.
February 18, 2016
- Image transformations – new feature: Added width, height and mode parameters to urlscreenshot processing engine task. Capture the look of a website in a variety of ways to best match your use case. Read More
- Image transformations – new feature: Added background and colored parameters to Image to ASCII processing engine task. Spice up you ASCII art by changing the color of the text and the background. Read More
February 12, 2016
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added videoLen parameter to picker to control webcam video duration. Want to limit your customers webcam videos to 5 minutes? Now you can by using the videoLen parameter.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added audioLen parameter to picker to control audio recording duration. Want to limit your customers audio recordings to 30 seconds? Now you can by using the audioLen parameter.
February 08, 2016
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added more storeRegion options to the picker. Set the region of your S3 bucket in your picker options.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added videoRes parameter to picker to control webcam video resolution. Set the resolution of videos produced by the user’s webcam, you can by using the videoRes parameter. If the resolution you set is higher than their webcam is capable, it will default to the next highest it supports.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added webcamDim parameter to picker to control webcam still photo resolution. Set the resolution of webcam stills taken by the webcam. Defaults to highest available if set resolution is too high for user’s webcam.
- Image transformations – new feature: Added colorspace parameter to output image transformation task. Need to make sure an image prints properly? Set its colorspace to CMYK. Read More
- REST API – new feature: Added method for getting EXIF data from metadata endpoint. Users can now get all EXIF data contained in an image by requesting exif=true from the metadata endpoint. Requires a valid security policy and signature since EXIF data may include PII.
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Merged dialog versions for Filepicker and Filestack. Filepicker and Filestack picker versions now have feature parity.
February 02, 2016
- Viewer – new feature: Added support for Filestack urls to Viewer. The viewer can now open Filepicker and Filestack urls.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added sharpen and blur filters to cropUI for Filepicker. You can now apply sharpen and blur effects to you images from within the cropUI of the picker.
- Image transformations – new feature: Added tone parameter to sepia task for filter image transformations. Create more intricate sepia effects for your images by controlling the tone. Get just the right look. Read More
- Image transformations – new feature: Added crop and fit parameters to collage task for collage image transformation. We now allow you to control even more about how your collage looks by providing crop and fit params for determining how to handle the images that make up the collage. Read More
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added ability for all urls to be processed by processImage method. The cropUI will now accept Filestack urls through the processImage method.
January 28, 2016
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added Audio recording service to picker. Allow your users to record their own voices straight through the picker!
January 25, 2016
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added google drive id to metadata for gdrive files selected using pick method. If the pick method is used, then we will keep a record of the gdrive id which could be used to create a direct google link to the file where it lives.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added support for matroska files. Improved file recognition allows the picker to accept all MKV files.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Implemented new and improved cropping tool into picker. The cropping tool has seen many iterations, and this one is the latest and greatest. It will recognize EXIF orientation data and display the image with the correct orientation, and save it with that orientation as well.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Improved drag and drop functionality for widgets. The picker will accept more file types with this method and is supported by more browser versions.
January 18, 2016
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added ability to disable the file reader for uploads. If you have users uploading dozens of very large images, disabling this will prevent the picker from attempting to generate thumbnails. This can prevent memory related browser crashes.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added synchronous processing for local files. The picker can now handle the uploading of more local files simultaneously.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added rotate and filter conversions to Filestack picker. New options can be applied in the cropUI.
- Viewer – new feature: Added custom logo option to Viewer. You can now set a custom logo for the viewer in the CSS.
- Video transcoding – new feature: Added metadata about transcoded video and source video to video transcoding onSuccess response. The returned JSON object will include details such as size, bitrate and resolution for not only the original file, but the transcoded file as well. Read More
January 12, 2016
- Document transformations – new feature: Added docinfo parameter to output task in processing engine. Get information like how many pages a powerpoint has. Read More
- Document transformations – enhancement: Improved getpdfinfo parameter behavior when dealing with large files. You can now get file info from larger office documents.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added support for vob files. The picker will now accept vob files when a general mimetype of ‘video/*’ is provided.
- Image transformations – new feature: Added strip parameter to output task in processing engine and old conversions. Remove image file metadata. It is best to store and use the result of this transformation if you want to make sure users do not have access to this metadata. Read More
December 29, 2015
- Video transcoding – enhancement: Update video transcoding to use new processing engine url format. This is the new default for submitting both image and document conversions, and now the same applies to video transcoding requests. Read More
December 22, 2015
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Update to Hungarian translation. Fixed some grammatical issues in the Hungarian picker translation.
- Video transcoding – new feature: Add audio sample rate and watermark url parameters to video transcoding. You can now alter the sample rate of the audio track for your transcoded videos. You can now also provide the url of an image file to overlay on your videos as a watermark. Read More
December 17, 2015
December 10, 2015
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Replace old cropUI with new client-side cropping tool. While previously we would return a url with the appropriate conversion parameters, we now generate a brand new image based on your crop selection.
November 25, 2015
- Developer portal – enhancement: Improved analytics in developer portal. We have updated the developer portal to include more detailed statistics about the usage of your API keys.
November 20, 2015
- Video transcoding – new feature: Added audio transcoding functionality to video conversion tasks. Need to convert an audio file? You can now do this using the same basic structure that already existed for videos. Read More
- Image transformations – new feature: Added Sepia filter image transformation. Quickly give your images that old timey look by applying a sepia filter to them.
November 12, 2015
- Developer portal – new feature: Enabled Analytics view for all API keys. Analytics used to be a feature only available on our paid plans, but we have now opened the feature up to all users.
- Image transformations – new feature: Added Flip and Flop image rotation transformations. If you need to reverse your image so that the right is the left or the top is the bottom, we’ve got you covered with our flip and flop transformations.
- Image transformations – new feature: Added Blur and Pixelate face image transformations. Do your photos include people who have not given their consent to be posted on your site? Programmatically blur out their faces using this image transformation.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added customSourceContainer parameter options. Set a different bucket to display as your S3 Custom Source right in your picker options. Read More
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added customSourcePath parameter to picker options. Added customSourceContainer parameter options. Set the path in your bucket to display as your S3 Custom Source. Read More
November 03, 2015
- Developer portal – enhancement: Improved analytics views in developer portal. New graphs and charts detailing your account usage.
- CDN – enhancement: Instituted max TTL for Fastly. CDN links can now have the max expiry time.
- Image transformations – new feature: Launched Processing Engine Image Transformations. We are proud to introduce our brand new transformation engine which allows a true order of operation for image transformations so that you can build complicated image manipulations through our REST API. Read More
- CDN – new product: Launched CDN links powered by Fastly. We have partnered with Fastly to provide quick and easy content delivery through our new CDN links. Read More
October 19, 2015
- Video transcoding – new feature: Added path, access, location, and container to video transcoding parameters. We now allow you to set where and how your transcoded videos get written instead of defaulting to what is set in your developer portal. Read More
October 13, 2015
- Developer portal – new feature: Added weekly email for usage statistics. Interested in receiving an email about how much your application was used in the past week? Contact us and we can enable this for you.
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Added Bulgarian, Serbian, Malay and Mexican Spanish translations. Looking for a specific translation we don’t have? Let us know if you want to help us translate our picker into the language you need. Read More
October 05, 2015
- Webhooks – new feature: Added webhook for export function. When a user uses the filepicker.exportFile() method, we can now deliver you a webhook upon the successful completion of this operation. Read More
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added client ID (file source) to JSON blob response object. Now when your users upload a file, we will tell you what service they used in order to get the file.
September 28, 2015
- Webhooks – enhancement: Improve fp.upload webhooks to differentiate between symlink and non-symlink filelinks. Webhooks for uploads now come in two varieties, one for symlinks and one for non-symlinks. Read More
- Video transcoding – new feature: Improved thumbnail generation for video transcodings. Generated thumbnails from successful transcodings now come in multiple sizes including one that is a full frame capture from the transcoded video, so you can make your own thumb size if necessary. Read More
September 22, 2015
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Added translations for Greek, Finnish, Indonesian, Korean and more. We are always looking for assistance to make our picker more accessible to all people. If you want to help us with a new translation, let us know. Read More
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Improved folder upload functionality hidden system files will not be uploaded. Our folder upload functionality is a powerful feature, and now you can be sure that only the files you want will be uploaded.
September 14, 2015
- Image transformations – new feature: Added exif=false parameter for image conversions. Sets the exif orientation to the first of the eight EXIF orientations. The image will behave as though it is contained in an html img tag if displayed in an application that supports EXIF orientations. Read More
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added keyboard accessibility features to picker v2. Navigate the picker with your keyboard.
- Viewer – new feature: Added SVG support to viewer. Looking for an easy way to show SVG file content on your site. The Viewer has got you covered.
September 07, 2015
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Updated translations for Russian, Spanish, German, Italian, French and more. We’re always looking to widen our audience by making our picker more accessible. Want to help us create more translations? Let us know. Read More
- AngularJS library – new library: Added AngularJS library. Working in Angular? Integrate Filepicker using the new Angular library.
August 31, 2015
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Added close button to dialog in window mode. Allow your users more options on how to close the picker. Read More
August 26, 2015
- Document transformations – new feature: Added getpdfinfo parameter for document conversions. Need details about how many pages a file contains or what its dimesnions are? Use getpdfinfo.
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Added rotate and filter options to cropUI. The cropUI now does more than crop! Rotate your image or blur or sharpen it. Read More
August 20, 2015
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added custom text parameter to Picker. Replace the the default dialog text with your own. Don’t like the verb pick? Use the word select instead. Read More
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Increased number of supported mimetypes. We have bolstered our mimetype mapping with dozens of new filetypes to broaden our support for restricting what your users can upload.
August 18, 2015
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Improved error handling – display upload error message based on server side error code. Tired of seeing cryptic error messages when something goes wrong. So were we.
- Picker dialog – new feature: Added webcamDim parameter to picker options. You can now specify the resolution images your webcam should capture through the picker. Read More
August 05, 2015
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Improve onProgress callback behavior, return onSuccess content when onProgress reaches 100. The 100 percent onProgress JSON message will now include the filename, file size, and Filestack url in case you can’t wait for the onSuccess blob.
- Video transcoding – new feature: Added OGG video support to video transcoding. You can now convert video into the free and open source OGG video format using our transcoding. Read More
- Document transformations – enhancement: Added density parameter for PDF to image conversions. This parameter allows the user to inmprove the output quality of PDF and vector graphics when converting them to jpeg and png images. Read More
July 30, 2015
- Image transformations – new feature: Add SVG image conversion support. Convert SVG files into a number of formats including jpg, pdf and png.
July 20, 2015
- Video transcoding – new feature: Add support for security policies and signatures in video transcoding. If you have security enabled on your account, it is now possible to transcode security enabled links.
- Developer portal – new feature: Added usage statistics page to developer portal. Paid plans will now find a usage statistics section in their developer portals that covers API key usage.
July 16, 2015
- Picker dialog – new feature: Full white labeling through custom domain CNAME solution. Make it look like the picker and everything associated with it is part of your site.
- Image transformations – enhancement: Improved EXIF auto-rotation. Using the rotate=exif parameter, make sure that images captured on mobile devices are shown right side up on your site. Read More
- Viewer – new feature: Add support for security policies and signatures in Viewer. If you have security enabled on your account, it is now possible to use your secured filelinks in the viewer.
- Webhooks – enhancement: Add upload source to fp.upload webhooks. The webhooks for uploads will now show whether the file was uploaded from Facebook, Google Drive, or simply your computer.
July 10, 2015
- Image transformations – new feature: Add crop_first parameter to image conversions. This parameter makes sure that the crop in your conversions happens befores other transformations.
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Add translations for Dutch, French, Canadian French. Want to help us create more translations? Let us know. Read More
- Picker dialog – enhancement: Improved upload progress tracking in onProgress events. This enhancement makes the caluclations that track uploads progress more accurate.
June 25, 2015
- Video transcoding – new feature: 30 day caching for video transcoding added. In the same way that we cache converted images, we will cache converted videos so that you are not generating duplicate transcodes. Read More
- Video transcoding – new feature: Force parameter added to video transcoding. Allows you to force a new transcoding job, even if one is already in progress for the same file. Read More
June 19, 2015
- Video transcoding – new feature: Added mpeg support for video transcoding. You can now convert video into MPEG video format using our transcoding. Read More
- Document transformations – new feature: Added AI & PSD support for document conversions. Allows users to convert AI and PSD files to JPG, PDF, PNG or other file types. Read More
- Picker dialog – enhancement: New widget button styles for js v2. We have spruced up the look of the buttons that launch the picker.
June 03, 2015
- Viewer – new feature: Viewer widget launched. By including our viewer widget html tag with a Filestack URL on your page, you can embed the viewer and display the contents of the file right on your page without needing additional plugins. Read More
May 26, 2015
- Webhooks – new feature: Added new webhook events. New webhook interface added to developer portal. You can now set it up so that your receive webhooks for more than just completed video transcoding events. Read More
May 05, 2015
April 23, 2015
April 09, 2015
- Storage – new product: Added Google Cloud Storage as a storage option. Offering a new alternative to S3, you can now pick and store files directly to Google Cloud Storage. Read More
March 26, 2015
- Salesforce integration – new product: Initial Release of Salesforce Plugin. The Salesforce plugin integrates into your salesforce account and allows your sales reps to upload files into Salesforce from all of Filestack’s cloud sources and using our interface. Read More
March 20, 2015
- iOS SDK – new product: iOS SDK and demo application open sourced. Our new iOS SDK works to natively integrate Filestack into your iOS apps. Read More
March 06, 2015
- Video transcoding – new product: First release for Video Transcoding functionality. Introducing video transcoding from Filestack. Upload and convert your videos through Filestack. Read More
- Webhooks – new product: Added webhooks to alert users when videos are done processing. Set up automated workflows triggered by Filestack webhooks. Read More
February 18, 2015
- Custom Provider SDK – new product: First release of Custom Provider SDK. Use the Filestack Custom Provider SDK to implement and add new sources into the picker. Filestack’s CloudApp and Imgur integrations were built using the Custom Provider SDK. Read More